Welcome! My name is Renata and I’m “Mama 802” – I started this blog to help other families live a healthier lifestyle – through food, natural cleaning products, beauty products and to learn more about real life in Vermont! But… to be honest, I started this blog for me. I have always had a passion for writing, it’s my therapy. I’ve been writing since I was a teen and as I grew so did my love for writing. I have countless diaries, one published poem, and many unpublished short stories that I’ve written over the years.
Living a healthier lifestyle started for me the moment my midwife placed my daughter on my chest seconds after she was born. I remember thinking “I want her to stay as pure and healthy as she is at this very second”. Holding her changed my life. I began researching how to live a healthier lifestyle and never stopped. I started this blog to help others make the change to a healthier lifestyle both simple and fun!
I live in the beautiful Green Mountain State of Vermont with my beautiful family and our 2 dogs, 3 cats and 3 horses. My husband works at a local tech company and I’m a stay at home Mama to our 2 perfectly amazing children; our daughter is 15 and our son is 9. I’ve been a Stay at home Mama for 15 years and haven’t regretted it for a second! Being a Mama is the greatest gift that life has to offer.
This blog was born out of my love for my family, writing, helping people, cleaning, organizing, eating healthy, using all natural products, and just living a healthy lifestyle in the 802. I’m not a doctor or some health expert – I’m just a Mama who is inspired to live a healthier lifestyle for myself and for my family. Plus, I plan on keeping it real – the good, the bad, the crazy and even the ugly!
My daughter is 15 years old and a sophomore in high school. She plays the piano, played the flute for several years, plays field hockey in the Fall, track n’ field in the Spring and she rides year-round on her 3 horses. She has been riding horses since she was 7 years old; the one sport that truly stuck.
My son is 9 years old and is in 3rd grade. He just started playing the piano, he is a competitive Swimmer (favorite stroke is breaststroke), and he has 2 Youtube Channels – Halobombtrooper (lego stop motion) and Halobombtrooper Gaming (gaming channel). You should go check those out!
We have a house full of puppies and kittens! OH BOY! We have 2 female dogs; 1 is a 3-year-old Gordon Setter and the other is a 2-year-old Beagle. We have 3 cats, all female, and under the age of 3 years old. We also have 3 horses that live locally on a 200-acre horse property where we rent stalls; 2 of the horses are American Quarter Horses and the remaining 1 is a Welsh pony/quarter horse mix.
Random Facts About Me
- I love Star Wars (I’ve been a huge fan since I was little)
- My favorite characters in Star Wars are Boba Fett, Anakin, Padme, C3po, and Rey
- I’m a child of the 80’s – so of course, I love all things 80’s!
- I love Zombies – yes I watch The Walking Dead and any other zombie show or movie
- I LOVE Disney World – it’s my happy place!
- My favorite number is 6
- I cry on the Ariel ride every time I go to Disney (she’s my favorite princess)
- I tear up on the first day we walk into the Magic Kingdom at Disney
- I collect Milk Glass and Green Depression Glass
- I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis when I was 19 years old
- I’ve had 3 jaw surgeries because of the Osteoarthritis
- I was in Physical Therapy for just about 2 years because of the surgeries
- I had braces for 3 years after my 1st surgery and during my 2nd and 3rd surgeries
- I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 7 or 8 years old
- I’ve been gluten-free for 2 years (personal choice – but does help with my arthritis)
- I’ve been dairy-free for 2 years (personal choice – but does help with my arthritis)
- I’m one of 8 kids in my family
- I have 2 special needs younger brothers – both are autistic
- I ran marathons before I had children
- I live in Vermont and I don’t ski or snowboard (although, I use to though before kids and arthritis)
- I was born and raised in Vermont
- I tend to get bored in Vermont – so my family and I travel to NYC several times a year (we have an apartment there)
- I love the dentist
- I hate coffee but I LOVE tea
- Before kids, I worked as a dental assistant
- I went back to school for Early Childhood Education when my daughter was very young
- I taught at a local private preschool for 4 years while my daughter was a student there
- I helped potty train the majority of the children in my Town while I was a teacher (most of my daughter’s friends)
- When we travel or meet new people, they think my daughter and I are sisters
- I’ve known my husband since we were kids
- My wedding anniversary and both of my kids birthdays are in the same week
- I’ve never traveled out West
- I’ve never been outside the USA or Canada
- My family and I are all gamers (we play video games)
- We have Family Fun night once a week – usually on Fridays
- Both my husband and I skipped a grade in school
- All of our cats are named after Star Wars characters
- I’m not a fan of snakes (actually, they terrify me)
- One of our cats is special needs – Ewok is mentally impaired, suffers from anxiety and depression
- Our dog Maisey also has anxiety